Throughout our 11 years in business, we have discovered and experienced ourselves, a major mistake that most small business owners make. They market, market, market until they get a sufficient amount of clients, then they stop marketing. Don’t make this mistake. Clients come and go for various reasons, so you must always keep a good flow of new clients. Don’t wait until you only have a few and then you have to play catch up. It can’t be feast or famine. It needs to be constantly a feast. Keep the pipeline filled with new clients. Set aside at least 10 hours a week for marketing. This does not include going to networking meetings. It means you devote time to developing a variety of ways to get more clients and grow your business. Brainstorm new ideas and create marketing tasks, goals, and materials. This is a key to success.
How Do We Do It?
We started what we call Marketing Monday. We set aside time every Monday and a few additional hours during the week to focus on our marketing. At least 10 hours a week. We have a brainstorming meeting every Monday to develop ideas and implement them. After we develop a plan, we create marketing materials for each campaign. We meet briefly every morning to track progress.
Marketing plans can include:
- Developing an Internet marketing calendar
- Constantly adding new information to your website to keep clients coming back
- Reviewing your website’s performance (analytics) at least monthly and addressing any weaknesses
- Creating and successfully implementing a social media campaign
- Improving your ranking with search engines
- Creating online marketing materials
- Sending an e-newsletter like this one regularly
- And much, much more
We Can Help
If you don’t have time for this task or have difficulty developing a constant stream of new marketing ideas and implementing them, we can help. We assist numerous business owners with developing and implementing a marketing plan and creating effective materials. We’re here to help. Call us at 214-592-9191.